All around the country, business of all sizes and industry are taking part in Armed Forces Day in a personal and engaging way that fits with what they’re able to offer. The campaign to pay tribute to the British Armed Forces community for their hard work, dedication and efforts to and keep us safe in the UK and across the globe is led by the Ministry of Defence’s Directorate of Defence Communications.
Armed Forces Day celebrations begin on Monday 20 June when the Armed Forces Day flag is raised on buildings and famous landmarks around the country. Reservists are celebrated on Reserves Day on Wednesday 22nd June. Armed Forces Day is on Saturday 25th June 2022.
The easiest way to get involved with Armed Forces Day is to take part in the online #SaluteOurForces campaign. Here are some other ideas:
- Hold a cake sale to raise money for Help for Heroes or another military charity.
- Change your Zoom background to one of these Armed Forces Day themed backgrounds.
- Place email signature banners on all external emails for the week.
- Sign the Armed Forces Covenant.
- Support a local Armed Forces Day event.
- Put up posters in the communal areas at work to raise awareness amongst staff and customers. Download our free poster.
- Buy an Armed Forces Day flag to display outside your work premises.
- Share some trivia about your employee’s links to the Armed Forces community with your followers on social media. Mention us @EastAngliaRFCA
If you want to see what other people have done for Armed Forces Day in East Anglia, read on:
The 16 Air Assault Brigade Combat Team and Colchester Garrison Show will take over Abbey Field, Colchester on Saturday 25 June to mark Armed Forces […]
Babergh District Council proudly flew the flag in support of Suffolk’s dedicated service personnel during a ceremony at Wattisham Flying Station during Armed Forces Week. […]
The Hertfordshire Armed Forces Covenant Board received over 2,000 festive card designs for their Hertfordshire Heroes Christmas Competition this year! The competition involved drawing a […]
This year, because physical events have been cancelled due to Covid-19, the organisers of Armed Forces Day have moved the celebrations online expanded the campaign […]
Focus7, a small Hertfordshire based business, are leading the regional charge in promoting Armed Forces Week; the national celebration of the UK’s Armed Forces. Working […]
6 Regiment Army Air Corps, 678 Sqn, alongside Meaningful Education and East Anglia RFCA, opened the gates of Luton Army Reserve Centre on Saturday 28th […]
A small business in Hertfordshire has gotten behind Reserves Day in a big way this year, to show their support to Defence under their Armed […]
We’ve collated this easy-to-use guide to taking part in Reserves Day. This comprehensive guide is especially useful for businesses who have never taken part in […]
CS Hodges and Son is getting behind Reserves Day in a big way this year, by releasing another video into a tribute series that started […]
Since we’re the RFCA, and we provide Reservists with places to train, we know a few facts you can share if you’re celebrating Reserves Day on Wednesday 22nd June or in the lead up to Armed Forces Day 2022:
- Reservists make up 16% of the UK Armed Forces; over 32,000 men and women across the UK.
- At any one time, there are between 200 and 300 UK Reservists deployed on operations at home and around the world, serving alongside their Regular counterparts.
- There are around 2,500 reservists in East Anglia.