Anyone wishing to express interest in nominating their employer for the Silver or Gold Defence Employer Recognition Scheme Award is invited to do so before the 15th April.
The Employer Recognition Scheme was launched in 2014 by the Prime Minister. It gives recognition to organisations who pledge, demonstrate and advocate their support for the Defence community.
There are three tiers of award – Bronze, Silver and Gold – for employers who advocate support to reservists, veterans or military spouses in alignment with the Armed Forces Covenant.
Gold Award holders proactively advocate and support Defence, communicating their commitment both internally to employees and externally to the wider community, through established policies and examples of support. Gold Award holders also demonstrate significant support for Reservists, enabling them to fulfil their annual training and mobilisation commitments.
In East Anglia:
- 400 businesses have signed the Armed Forces Covenant
- 101 hold the Silver Defence Employer Recognition Scheme Award
- 19 hold the Gold Defence Employer Recognition Scheme Award
Around the country:
- 4,500 Armed Forces covenant signatories
- 900 hold the Silver Defence Employer Recognition Scheme Award
- 226 hold the Gold Defence Employer Recognition Scheme Award
Those employers who are successful in being awarded Silver will be invited to a special awards event in November, where their representatives will meet other like-minded people and key military personnel from across East Anglia.