Declare Your Support for our Armed Forces by signing the Corporate Covenant
The Armed Forces Corporate Covenant is an Enduring Covenant between the People of the United Kingdom, Her Majesty’s Government and all those who serve or have served in the Armed Forces of the Crown and their Families.
The key principles of The Armed Forces Covenant are:
– No member of the Armed Forces Community should face disadvantage in the provision of public and commercial services compared to any other citizen
– In some circumstances special treatment may be appropriate especially for the injured or bereaved.
– Promoting the fact that you are an armed forces-friendly organisation;
– Seeking to support the employment of veterans young and old;
– Striving to support the employment of Service spouses and partners;
– Endeavouring to offer a degree of flexibility in granting leave for Service spouses and partners before, during and after a partner’s deployment;
– Seeking to support our employees who choose to be members of the Reserve Forces, including by accomodating their training and deployment where possible;
– Offering support to our local cadet units, either in our local community or in local schools, where possible;
– Aiming to actively participate in Armed Forces Day;
– Offering a discount to members of the Armed Forces Community;
– Any additional commitments you could make based on local circumstance;
– Publicise your commitments through your literature and/or your website.
To sign up to the Corporate Covenant go to www.sabre.mod.uk and search Corporate Covenant
Once you have signed the Corporate Covenant why not be recognised by the Ministry of Defence through the Employer Recognition Scheme? For further information and assistance in pledging your support please contact Kristina Carrington, email@example.com
Interested in the Army Reserve?
254 Medical Regiment are holding an Open Day on Saturday 31st January at Warley Army Reserve Centre click here for more information.