East Anglia RFCA publishes over 100 stories every year on its website, to ensure key stakeholders remain informed about Reserves and Cadet matters in the region.
We promote stories on our website via our monthly newsletter, our Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn feeds. We encourage all our association members to stay informed so that they can accurately advocate the contributions of the Reserves and Cadets in their communities. It’s also an opportunity for us to celebrate the achievements of our members and showcase the brilliant work of our staff.
Every year, some stories stand out more than others as having appealed most to our readers. This year, the top 10 stories from our website are:
- Brentwood Sea Cadet writes open letter to other children of front line workers (May 2020)
- 75th anniversary of Victory in Europe Day celebrations adjusted because of coronavirus lockdown in the UK (April 2020)
- 71st (City of London) Yeomanry Signal Regiment parade for 50th anniversary (April 2020)
- Cadet instructor from Suffolk on the Queen’s Birthday Honours List 2020 (October 2020)
- An Army Cadet in 1979 becomes Deputy Commandant of Suffolk ACF 40 years later (November 2020)
- Focus7 breathes life into Armed Forces Week 2020 Campaign (May 2020)
- Personal account of Operation Crusader by Jackie Allan (September 2020)
- Lara Henwood talks to us about grants in the Army Cadet Force (February 2020)
- Cadet activity suspended but learning and planning continue (April 2020)
- Suffolk Lieutenancy issues Certificates of Merit for outstanding contribution during lockdown (November 2020)